[Secure-testing-team] Stable Kernel issues

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu Nov 24 22:04:27 UTC 2005

* Martin Zobel-Helas:

> I asked Joey on #debian.de at OFTC about the current status of the stable
> kernels.  He stated, that most flaws were just fixed but not extended
> explaination was given.  What he said what can be done to help him is to
> give long term explainations for every CVE/CAN fixed in this kernel
> update.

I've been told that these explanations have already been posted to the
vendor-sec list in many cases.  I don't have access to the list and
can't tell how helpful that information would be, but I think we
should ask our vendor-sec members if we can somehow reuese this
information.  It's not a clear CVE <-> patch mapping, AFAIUI, but it
might complement the distilled information in the actual diffs.