[Secure-testing-team] [patch 0/3] Syntax tweaks for data/CAN/list

Micah Anderson micah at debian.org
Sun Sep 11 22:04:04 UTC 2005

Moritz Muehlenhoff schrieb am Sunday, den 11. September 2005:

> Florian Weimer wrote:
> > >
> If you want to improve the syntactical quality of the entries in a "proactive"
> manner, please contribute a comfortable Emacs minor mode :-)

Now that the list is getting cleaned up, we need to work on ways to keep it
from getting messy again, an emacs minor mode would be nice, but maybe the
restrictive parser can act as our sort of lintian to run over the list
before submission.

Additionally, as we get more people helping, I think improving our
documentation would also help significantly for people getting up to speed
(except in the case of typos, or synaptic misfires of course). It might be
good to brainstorm at Oldenburg some other things that should be documented,
I can think of a couple things off the top of my head: what ways do
you check to see if a vulnerability affects debian?; the IRC channel;
workflow (claiming, filing bugs, working with package maintainers, etc.)
handling kernel issues; embedded source issues; severity levels; obtaining
CVE identifiers; mailing lists to monitor; websites to frequent/aggragate...
I am sure there are many more.

micah