[Secure-testing-team] [patch 0/3] Syntax tweaks for data/CAN/list

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Sep 12 08:58:29 UTC 2005

* Moritz Muehlenhoff:

> Florian Weimer wrote:
>> There's a piece of syntax I don't understand.  What's the difference
>> between
>>
>>         - mysql-dfsg 4.0.18-4
>>
>> and
>>
>>         ! mysql-dfsg 4.0.18-6
>>
>> ?  Is the "!" of any special significance?
>
> It's a typo, fix commited a minute ago.

But bin/checklist checks explicitly for it:

   elsif (/^\s+[!-]\s+(\S+)\s+(.*?)\s*$/) { # Deal with ...

Somehow I doubt that this is a mere typo.  Of course, I can replace
all the "!"  entries with "-" if this syntax is just a minor variant.
For now, I just ignore the difference.

And it's also a bit strange that DSA/list and DTSA/list use different
date formats. 8-)