[Secure-testing-team] summary of what's blocking security fixes from testing

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm at inutil.org
Wed Sep 14 08:54:45 UTC 2005

Joey Hess wrote:

> kdeedu
> 	FTBFS on arm (ICE)
> 	missing hppa and m68k builds
> kdegraphics
> 	kde transtion

I had a look at these, but it's worth a fix, xpdf has been more critical, because someone
could indirectly mess with the print spooler, but kpdf as a simple app doesn't warrant
a fix IMO.
And the kdeedu issue is really minor.

> kdelibs
> 	kde transition

I have fixed packages ready, I'll send them to you this evening, after some more testing.
kdebase will be fixed next.

> mozilla (partially fixed in secure-testing)
> 	41 days old, AKA, is this package being maintained?
> 	rc bugs, FTBDS, etc

633 open bugs, 10 of them RC. Should probably be team-maintained.

> mysql-dfsg-4.1
> 	26 days old
> 	rc bug
> 	FTBFS on m68k

This (and mysql-dfsg) are perfect candidates for DTSAs/NMUs, the fix is a simple
one-liner.

> ntp
> 	177 days old
> 	3 RC bugs, max 98 days old, none with responses from maintainers
> 	recommend removal from testing (and/or debian)

Fix is a one-liner as well.

> squid
> 	too young

Could very well be bumped, it only contains the (IMO non-invasive) security fixes
and typo fixes.

Cheers,
        Moritz