[Secure-testing-team] Re: summary of what's blocking security fixes from testing

Steve Langasek vorlon at debian.org
Mon Sep 19 10:16:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:00:05AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Feel free to add urgent hints for any of these.

> None of them are that serious holes, IRC.

Hmm, if they're not serious enough to bump package urgency for, maybe it's
also not useful to have that part of the list posted to d-release. :)

> > > openmotif
> > > 	106 days old
> > > 	non-free package, still missing s390 build
> > > 	(I tried and failed to build this on raptor, machine is too
> > > 	unstable.)

> > This package really doesn't appear to have the necessary baseline
> > support from porters and/or the maintainer to let us keep it around.
> > There's a total of one package in testing still depending on openmotif;
> > I think we should give the arb maintainer a shot at fixing it, and then
> > drop it from testing if he doesn't get anywhere.

> Agreed, although I think you might as well let the maintainers of ida
> and motv have a crack at it too.

So Frank has already NMUed this with a proposed fix for the s390 failure.
Binaries only uploaded for i386 and m68k so far, though.

vorlon at debian.org                                   http://www.debian.org/