[Secure-testing-team] Re: [Secure-testing-commits] r4478 - data/CVE

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm at inutil.org
Tue Aug 1 20:40:40 UTC 2006

Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > > - mozilla-firefox <removed>
> > > - mozilla-firefox <unfixed>
> > > [sarge] - mozilla-firefox <unfixed>
> > >
> > > Or am I missing something?
> >
> > It's more or less the same, but <removed> was thought for packages,
> > which have been removed as a whole without ever having been fixed.
>
> Well, it's been removed from unstable and won't ever be fixed there.
> Unless there is a reason to use something else, I think this is the
> most logical version. And I do think that there should be some entry
> until the DSA is released.

IIRC: (However, I don't care much, feel free to use what you like best!)
unfixed -> supported package, continues to exist, even if under different
           source package name
removed -> no longer in the archive, open issues, but no security support,
           typically unsupportable garbage

And we still support firefox in Sarge, even if it's unsupportable
garbage :-)

Cheers,
        Moritz