[Secure-testing-team] Re: <package> Buffer Overflow

Neil McGovern neilm at debian.org
Mon Mar 13 12:10:24 UTC 2006

> > This is just a heads up and of course not publicly disclosed yet. I intend
> > to make a X.XX.X release really soon and publish that for when this flaw
> > gets announced.
[snip]

> thank you. i will wait for you to publish X.XX.X.
>
> currently, the affected version in debian are only in unstable and
> testing. the unstable version will be upgraded as soon as you publish
> X.XX.X, the testing version is not subject to strict security support.
>
> i CCed the debian testing security group to let them correct me if
> i'm wrong.

Well, the testing version *is* subject to security support, as we do it
:)

However, we only deal with publically announced security issues. An
upload to unstable with a high urgency will ensure it gets pushed into
testing asap, and if it's stalled by anything, we'll release a DTSA.

As an aside, I've censored this mail, and asked for the original to be
removed from the archives. This email address is a public list, so isn't
suitable for undisclosed problems. The correct address for that is
team at security.debian.org

Regards,
Neil McGovern
Q. Why is top posting bad?