[Secure-testing-team] confused/apparent discrepancy

Jon Daley secure-testing at jon.limedaley.com
Wed Oct 4 09:54:41 UTC 2006

Does this look correct to you?

http://idssi.enyo.de/tracker/CVE-2006-4925

It looks to me that the top summary fields that say "not vulnerable" are
out of sync or something.

Name	CVE-2006-4925
Source	CVE (in NVD)
Description	packet.c in ssh in OpenSSH allows remote attackers to
cause a denial ...
Debian/stable	not known to be vulnerable
Debian/testing	not known to be vulnerable
Debian/unstable	not known to be vulnerable

And then the rest of the page says "vulnerable" everywhere, without any
fixes reported.

I see the "That's a non-issue" comment, so perhaps that means it won't
be/doesn't need to be fixed?

Am I reading it incorrectly?

--
Jon Daley
http://jon.limedaley.com/

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
-- Stewart's Law of Retroaction