[Secure-testing-team] DTSA announcements

Steffen Joeris steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de
Tue Aug 21 04:33:20 UTC 2007

Hi all

As we all know, the DTSA announcements to the testing-security-announce lists
are not send anymore. There was the idea of adding a script, which publishes
the DTSA in a weekly newsletter (or monthly, or $whatever).
Debian-Edu/Skolelinux has some sort of monthly newsletter to add the DSAs
concerning the packages used by Debian-Edu/Skolelinux to a list. The
announcement email looks like this[0]. On the other hand, I was wondering,
why we stopped sending DTSA announcements. Looking at the DTSA list lately,
there are not that many DTSAs and if there is a script, which adds the md5sum
to the package and has some sort of general template, then it should not take
that long to prepare the DTSA announcement, sign and send it to the list (or
maybe I am wrong). I would volunteer to take care of the announcements, if it
produces too much workload, though it would be nice to have some sort of
script to add the md5sum size (this might take a while by hand for packages
producing a lot of binary packages). It would maybe also be interesting to
know, how many people are subscribed to the testing-security-announce ml.

Just my two cents.

Cheers
Steffen

[0]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2007/08/msg00063.html