[Secure-testing-team] Re: phpMyAdmin proposed patch

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Fri Jan 12 16:07:13 CET 2007

tags 404744 -sarge
thanks

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 18:48 -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi Thijs and Stefan,
> here is the change I suggest in libraries/session.inc.php, feel free to
> send me your feedback.

I've uploaded this patch, and the JavaScript one to unstable.

For stable/sarge this doesn't apply, since this doesn't use sessions at
all (phpMyAdmin 2.6.2). Marking as such.

Thanks for your help, Marc!

The XSS via the index.php JavaScript also does not apply to sarge since
that is not present there. We previously agreed that PMASA-2006-7,
PMASA-2006-8, PMASA-2006-9 do not apply to sarge or are not in need of a
security release.

I think this settles all open issues for sarge and sid, and I will make
sure that the fixed package reaches etch.

Summary for the security team:
- CVE-2006-6374 does not apply to sarge
- CVE-2007-0203 does not apply to sarge

Thijs