[Secure-testing-team] Does Lenny have secure testing support?

Stefan Fritsch sf at sfritsch.de
Tue Jun 12 21:56:09 UTC 2007

Hi Jason,

I forgot about the wiki page :-(, but I have now updated it.

On Freitag, 8. Juni 2007, Jason Martens wrote:
> > 1) there are some problems with the build infrastructure for
> > testing-security uploads
>
> Has this issue been resolved yet?

I think so. Most build daemons were fixed in the second half of May
(all except alpha, powerpc, and mipsel). There have been a number of
security updates, too.

Alpha, powerpc, and mipsel seem to have been fixed in the last two
days.

> > 2) the new glibc in unstable is preventing most packages from
> > propagating to testing in the normal way
>
> I know glibc made it to testing, so with this issue out of the way
> are secure packages now available?

Yes, glibc migrated, which helped a lot. All in all the security of
lenny is now much better than one month ago.

However, security support for lenny is not of the same quality as for
stable. We will try to find an appropriate definition at DebConf next
week.

Cheers,
Stefan