[Secure-testing-team] sql-ledger issues

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Fri Oct 12 14:53:16 UTC 2007

Hi,
sql-ledger just has another CVE[0]. Looking at the reports of
the security issue and the discussion[1] in the BTS to me it
is not really clear why documenting that this package is not
supported by the security team is an option but removing it
not. There are really alot of sql injection bugs in
sql-ledger, there is a fork[2] where engaged people fix such
stuff and there are 66 installations referring to popcon.

So why not just removing this software and file an RFP for
ledgersmb?

I agree that writing this in the sql-ledger documentation
would be better like the current state but people tend to
don't read documentation (or package tags) and this does not
make the code itself more secure.

Kind regards
Nico

[2] http://www.ledgersmb.org/