[Secure-testing-team] py-asterisk REMOVED from testing

Luk Claes luk at debian.org
Mon Oct 15 08:52:04 UTC 2007

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Debian testing watch <noreply at henning.makholm.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi

> Could someone explain why py-asterisk and libasterisk-agi-perl got
> pulled from testing due to security concerns in *asterisk* itself ?

Because asterisk maintainers apparantly aren't interesting in making
sure stable and secure packages reach testing as this is already taking
months and even before the release these packages were more than once in
a very bad shape, I thought they wouldn't mind... I guess I was wrong,
though I can still be convinced to remove all their packages from
testing if I was right after all...

> Both packages are libraries, for python and perl, to connect to the
> asterisk manager, which can be local or remote. So there's no
> dependency on asterisk itself whatsoever.
>
> Please put those two packages back into testing.

Ok, purged removal hints for these two for now...

Please, pretty please can someone preferably more than one take care of
the VOIP packages appropriately so removals of testing and release team
wasting time on them is not necessary anymore, TIA!

Cheers

Luk