[Secure-testing-team] Bits from the Testing Security team

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Mon Oct 15 23:08:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

Moritz Muehlenhoff [2007-10-15 19:57 +0200]:
> Can we please cherry-pick all xpdf improvements into poppler 4-5 months
> prior to Lenny release and link xpdf against poppler?
> IIRC Ubuntu is doing this for some time now, CCing Martin Pitt.

Oh, you mean [1]? I did that in a bored hour literally years ago, but
it has never been picked up by any distro and packaged properly (not
by Ubuntu either). I haven't looked into this again for ages, but I
think porting the current xpdf UI to poppler would be fairly easy,
too. For that to be sustainable, though, it shuold be done in a better
way with #ifdefs, etc., so that upstream might accept it.

Pitti

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/packages/xpdf-poppler-3.0.1.tar.gz

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de