[Secure-testing-team] Security update for Debian Testing

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Tue Sep 11 12:34:59 UTC 2007

Hi,
* Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de> [2007-09-11 14:05]:
[...]
> I was talking to nion last night and we were unsure about the following. The
> DTSA announcements always included some nice additional information and I
> would guess that sysadmins appreciate these information in the announcement.
> Therefore, we were wondering, if we should continue sending out DTSA
> announcements for uploads to testing-security, in addition to this mail. Of
> course, if there are strong objections, we will leave it out.

Not only the description is a nice-to-have but also the
Subject line of the mail gets a big attention and stripping
the useful information out there like which package is
affected doesn't look like a good idea while these summary
mails are indead useful. Is there any way to automate DTSA
announcements? That would be really great since there is so
much you need to look at that could be made wrong but
generating the mail out of an .adv file shouldn't be a big
deal. Do I miss something?

Kind regards
Nico
--