[Secure-testing-team] XSS in moin

Steffen Joeris steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de
Sat Aug 2 14:46:48 UTC 2008

Hi Jonas

the following CVE (Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures) id was
published for moin.

CVE-2008-3381[0]:
| Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in
| macro/AdvancedSearch.py in moin (and MoinMoin) 1.6.3 and 1.7.0 allow
| remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via
| unspecified vectors.

The problem is fixed in unstable and I don't think the issue is severe enough
for a DTSA at the moment. But if you want to get it fixed for lenny, it might
be a good idea to contact the release team (and put secure-testing-team@ into
CC) to think about coordinating a testing-proposed-updates upload.
If you disagree, please state why the issue is severe enough and we can
consider preparing a testing-security upload.

The upstream patch is here[1].

Cheers
Steffen

For further information see: