[Secure-testing-team] mplayer security fix for lenny

A Mennucc debdev at tonelli.sns.it
Wed Dec 17 10:03:11 UTC 2008

hi,

first of all, let me mention that TWinVQ is decoded via a binary DLL,
and will not play in a default install

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:45:35PM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
> It would be nice if we could get additional input from you
> for #407010, maybe there is a chance to fix this and
> possibly fixing this as well.

 :-> that is a difficult and hairy bug, since AFAIK, the bug is
actually in libfaad, and is fixed in the new upstream of libfaad, but
, to fix into Etch and Lenny, we would need to understand and extract
the relevant minimal patch for libfaad

BTW was this ever reported to the faad2 mantainer?

a.