[Secure-testing-team] Embedded code copies: boswars and luxrender (to be uploaded)

Cyril Brulebois cyril.brulebois at enst-bretagne.fr
Sun Jan 20 03:44:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on the boswars and luxrender packages, and I'd like to point
you to the following embedded (and possibly modified) code copies:

 - boswars: embeds guichan and tolua. I'm not sure how modified are the
     copies, but anyway, a copyright problem (bad license) affecting
     tolua is keeping boswars away from the archive for now. Once that
     solved, I'll dig it out whether it's possible to get rid of the
     code copies, or at least whether it's possible not to use them in
     the build / Debian package.

 - luxrender: embeds asio headers (available in libasio-dev). It's
     mostly for commodity since asio isn't available in packages for all
     distros, and since it's going to be merged into boost “soon” (some
     weeks). I'm anyway applying a patch to ensure the use of
     /usr/include headers installed through libasio-dev, until upstream
     drops those headers from the source tree, and I'll be tracking any
     updates very closely to catch new occurrences that also need to be
     patched.

I felt that notifying you a bit too much shouldn't be worse than not
notifying you enough, hence this mail. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois