[Secure-testing-team] r-base upload

Stefan Fritsch sf at debian.org
Wed Nov 5 21:10:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Nico Golde wrote:
> * Stefan Fritsch <sf at debian.org> [2008-11-04 20:18]:
> > On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > > I upload my own build of the package to t-p-u. I did this
> > > because the bug was fixed in sid but could not migrate. I
> > > looked for a DTSA but couldn't find any (didn't look in the ML,
> > > but in the archives). I'm not sure when and why it disappeared.
> >
> > OK. From the backup data from the announcement script I see that
> > r-base 2.7.1-1+lenny1 was not in testing-security yesterday.
> >
> > The *changes files on klecker are in queue/broken, not in
> > queu/done. Nico, do you remember problems when releasing the
> > r-base DTSA? I would find it somewhat disturbing if it just
> > disappeared.
>
> Nope I didn't see any problems. Everything as usual. Is
> there any way to find out why it ended up in broken/?

I don't know. Since the announcement mail in August [1] has it, it is
likely that it was available then, and was removed later. The mtime
on klecker seems to indicate that it may have been removed on Oct 18:

$ ls -ld ftp/pool/updates/main/r/r-base/
drwxrwsr-x 2 dak debadmin 4096 Oct 18 23:36
ftp/pool/updates/main/r/r-base/

@ftp-master: Is there any log on klecker that may indicate why r-base
was removed from testing-security?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Stefan

PS: Wouldn't it make sense to
make /org/security.debian.org/queue/REPORT readable for group
sec_embargo?

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing-security-announce/2008/08/msg00019.html