[Secure-testing-team] Lenny security bug sprint

Raphael Geissert atomo64+debian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:17:12 UTC 2008

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> php5 / CVE-2008-4107
>   php-suhosin provides proper randomisation, but this needs more visible
>   documentation. Maybe the release notes or the existing
>   README.Debian.security?

Well, since the mt_/rand functions are nowhere documented as strong for
cryptographic pourposes I don't consider it a bug, but a missing enhancement.

Not to mention that most of its side effects were made worst because of the poor
seeding of the PRNG via mt_/srand.

> smarty CVE-2008-4810 / CVE-2008-4811
>   I'm not sure about the exact status.

-4810 is about the original bug, -4811 is about the incomplete fix for all the
attack vectors. Haven't heard from upstream about -4811

> wordpress (504771)
>   No patch yet.

The maintainer prepared a new version, which is waiting for somebody to sponsor
it, adding yet another cookies-checking routine which denies the user to browse
anything until some dangerous cookies are deleted.

PS. I just found a XSS vuln in phpCAS which is embedded in a couple of packages
and is now an ITP. Does anyone know about a phpCAS installation where I could
test my findings as to provide more precise information?

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net