[Secure-testing-team] libpam-mount CVE-2008-5138

Steffen Joeris steffen.joeris at skolelinux.de
Mon Nov 24 11:13:55 UTC 2008

Hi Bastian

I was wondering, what are your plans for lenny regarding the insecure tempfile
issue (CVE-2008-5138)[0]? From what I can see the script is not available in
sid anymore, so can we just drop it? Otherwise it shouldn't be too hard to
come up with a patch using mktemp. I am happy to take care of that and NMU,
if the script is still needed, but wanted to check with you first.

Cheers
Steffen

[0]: http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-5138