[Secure-testing-team] RFS: libtool 2.2.6b

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 01:44:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have packaged the new version of libtool for unstable.  This fixes
CVE-2009-3736. I am looking for a sponsor for the upload.

The upstream changes are substantial (the diff between 2.2.6a and
2.2.6b is 7.3 MiB, so I have chosen not to attach it).  Instead, I have
attached a diff for my changes to just the debian directory.

If you feel more comfortable building the package yourself, you can
download the new upstream release directly, run 'uupdate -v 2.2.6b', then
apply my diff.  The uupdate applies cleanly.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libtool/libtool_2.2.6b-0+nmu1.dsc

Kind regards,
Mike