[Secure-testing-team] mediawiki: NMU to fix CVE-2008-5249, CVE-2008-5250, CVE-2008-5252

Giuseppe Iuculano giuseppe at iuculano.it
Sun Jan 18 16:17:16 UTC 2009

Nico Golde ha scritto:
> Thanks for the work! I will check the patches during the
> next week. How much testing did this patch receive so far?

I'm testing this version (not in production), and for the moment I didn't find
any evident problems, but sure it requires more testing.

> am somehow unhappy get such a huge patch as NMU without
> maintainer input.

I agree wit you, patch is huge but substantially this is the upstream backported
security patch[1] to mediawiki 1.12 branch.
Maintainer wrote[2] he is too busy and help from contributors is welcome.

P.S. CVE-2008-4408: not affected in etch

[1]http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki?view=rev&revision=44599
[2]http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=508869#21

Cheers,
Giuseppe