[Secure-testing-team] Debian CCEVS validation

Michael S. Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:32:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:33:13 -0700, Crain, Kevin wrote:
> Dear Sirs:
>
> I was wondering if there has been any effort to have Debian validated on
> the CCEVS validated products list
> (http://www.niap-ccevs.org/cc-scheme/vpl/).  Without a CCEVS
> certification, Debian cannot be used on a certified network as a public
> facing server in the DoD.  Currently there is not a non-commercially
> supported Linux distro on that list, but it sure would be nice to have
> Debian on there.

Hello,

What does the certification process entail?  Are there costs involved?
As an all-volunteer organization, Debian does not have much money to
spend. It seems that it would probably be better for interested parties
within DoD will to push for this, rather than volunteers from Debian.

Best regards,
Mike