[Secure-testing-team] prototypejs, scriptaculous embedded in libhtml-prototype-perl

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at 43-1.org
Mon Nov 30 08:14:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

please add the following information to the list of embedded code
copies:

prototypejs
 - libhtml-prototype-perl <unfixed> (embed; bug #538920)

scriptaculous
 - libhtml-prototype-perl <unfixed> (embed; bug #538920)

Note that the JavaScript libraries are included in the Perl module
sources, so they are easy to miss.  They are also quite outdated:
the included prototype version is 1.4.0, the script.aculo.us library
have a copyright year of 2005 (I did not see a version number).

I suspect the included versions might also be affected by some recent
security issues?  At least CVE-2007-2383, CVE-2008-7220 look
suspicious.

Regards,
Ansgar