[Secure-testing-team] Embedded ICU copy in texlive-bin (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 1889-1] New icu packages correct multibyte sequence parsing)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Sep 17 12:11:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

This DSA made me aware that there might be a problem in texlive. It
contains a changed copy of libicu; the changes are needed by xetex, and
xetex upstream intends to have them merged. But for the time being, the
code copy is there.

I fear I won't have time to work on a security update of texlive right
now, and Norbert is busy as well.

I have added the information to embedded-code-copies, a diff (which also
includes some more TeXLive-related corrections) is attached.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)