[Secure-testing-team] Reactivating automatic security announcements

Nico Golde debian-secure-testing+ml at ngolde.de
Mon Jan 4 18:20:50 UTC 2010

Hi,
* Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib at gmail.com> [2010-01-04 15:27]:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Raphael Geissert <geissert at debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> I'm interested in helping the team. How much free time do you need? :-)
>
> I've been using Debian for a few years now, I have good programming
> skills and I'm studying Infosec, so i'm very interested in the
> subject. I've been eager to help improve Debian but I don't now where
> to start, and haven't had much free time to go through the regular
> developer channels.
>
> Of course, in the first few weeks I would need guidance on what and
> how do to things to get up to speed. I would prefer a lighter and
> easier job to begin with, such as working in the security tracker or
> preparing debian security advisories.

check out http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/03/msg00007.html,
http://secure-testing-master.debian.net/helping.html and
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/secure-testing/doc/narrative_introduction?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
to get an overview what you could do. Probably working on the tracker is a
good start. If you feel like helping then request to get added to the alioth
project at: https://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=30437

HTH
Nico
--