[Secure-testing-team] [Pkg-chromium-maint] Chromium 6 in squeeze

Giuseppe Iuculano giuseppe at iuculano.it
Fri Sep 3 16:29:59 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 05:10 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> What's to say another refactor won't happen in a couple months?  Then
> we'll be in the same situation with difficult backports anyway.

It could be, and it could not be, and in that case we will have pain for
all webkit related code, not only for chromium. But now this happened
before the release and we could fix this with chromium 6.

>> Most of the issues fixed in chromium 6.0.472.53 are known for a long
>> time, but they weren't disclosed because they are unfixable in the
>> webkit copy of chromium 5.
>
> Everything is fixable, its just a matter of how much effort is required.

Ok... then s/unfixable/VERY hard to fix/

>> Why? there isn't any package that uses that webkit copy.
>
> The goal there would be to make chromium use that lib instead of its
> internal webkit copy; and thus only need to support security backports
> for one webkit source package.
>
> I don't disagree with uploading version 6, I just think we need to find
> a way to merge codebases to get things into a supportable state.

Oh sorry, I misread your previous reply. No, this isn't possible, see
the Mike's answer.

Cheers,
Giuseppe.