[Secure-testing-team] squeeze webkit security update

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:38:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:27:29 +0100 Giuseppe Iuculano wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On 02/23/2011 11:33 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > I've just uploaded 1.2.7-0+squeeze1 to mentors (built in squeeze chroot
> > and with updated changelog). Please review:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/webkit/
>
> I tried to build your package, but it FTBFS on amd64:
>

> /bin/mkdir -p ./.deps/DerivedSources
>   CXXLD  libJavaScriptCore.la
>   CXXLD  TestNetscapePlugin/libtestnetscapeplugin.la
>   CXXLD  Programs/jsc
>   CCLD   Programs/minidom
>   CXXLD  libwebkit-1.0.la
>   CCLD   Programs/GtkLauncher
>   CXXLD  Programs/DumpRenderTree
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testhttpbackend
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testloading
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testglobals
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testmimehandling
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testnetworkrequest
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testnetworkresponse
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebframe
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebbackforwardlist
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebhistoryitem
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwindow
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testdownload
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testatk
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testhittestresult
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebsettings
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebresource
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebdatasource
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testwebview
>   CCLD   Programs/unittests/testkeyevents
>   GEN    WebKit-1.0.gir
>   GEN    WebKit-1.0.typelib
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/webkit-1.2.7/build'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/webkit-1.2.7/build'
> # Awesome hack to get the docs built! For some reason, the
> # first call to make docs fails mid-work, but the second
> # succeeds.
> ln -fs ../../../build/WebKit/gtk/docs/version.xml WebKit/gtk/docs
> cd build/WebKit/gtk/docs && make docs
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/webkit-1.2.7/build/WebKit/gtk/docs'
> make[1]: *** read jobs pipe: Is a directory.  Stop.
> gtk-doc: Scanning header files
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/webkit-1.2.7/build/WebKit/gtk/docs'
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> E: Failed autobuilding of package

Hi Giuseppe,

I've built this in a squeeze chroot and a dedicated squeeze machine,
and all seems to go fine.  A couple things could be going wrong.  One
is that webkit needs about 3 GiB to build, so you may have run out of
disk space.  The second is that webkit doesn't build twice right now.
There are some files that get left behind in the docs directory.  I
usually just wipe and start from scratch if I need to rebuild.

Let me know if I can be of any more help,
Mike