[DSE-User] Debian Refpolicy updates

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Mon Apr 17 19:48:12 UTC 2006

Hi,
Despite my aim to not do anything non-university-related for the next
months, I just updated the Debian refpolicy packages.
They've been updated to upstream version 20060417-1, so they include
todays fixes from Dan Walsh. You can't get that version via anon CVS yet
from sourceforge, because sf.net is currently broken. Sorry.
So even if you are using a customized refpolicy, you might want to grab
the sources from either SVN (there is an unmodified upstream branch,
too) or the package at
http://selinux.alioth.debian.org/experimental/refpolicy/

Note that it currently is recommended to build a custom policy. Module
linking is still not working right (apparently someone at TreSys is
working on it, but I didn't get a status update since end of march when
I convinced them that module linking is broken.)
The packages I supplied at above URL have (almost) *all* modules in base
(and a duplicate statement for /usr/bin/xfs, just ignore that error,
they are the same), so the resulting policy is really huge. But that is
the only way to ensure that the stuff is actually working right.

Oh, and they aren't really tested yet.
As usual, the policy packages should be fine for ubuntu, too.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
       The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.       //\