[DSE-User] Problems with SELinux on Debian on 1.1.2005

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Mon Jan 2 16:08:22 UTC 2006

Hello Folks,
Both unstable and sesarge are affected.
Genhomedircon depends on a new python module, which is included in the
libsemanage1-dev package currently (a new python2.4-semanage package is
in NEW,
and should reach unstable in a few days). Backports will be updated
then, too.
Until then, you need to install the libsemanage1-dev package, and
eventually modify genhomedircon (first line) to use python2.4.

There is another issue with the "upgrade" to libsemanage: genhomedircon
now expects users to be listed in /etc/selinux/seusers
So if you are not yet running a serefpoliy (no packages yet,
volunteers?),
create this file with contents like this for now:
----
root:root:s0-s0:c0.c255
someuser:someuser:s0
__default__:user_u:s0
---
with a "someuser" line for any "user someuser roles { foo }" you have in
your local.users file.
Otherwise, /root and these users home directories might be labeled
incorrectly on your next relabel/restorecon/fixfiles call.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
      You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason:     //\