[DSE-User] Newbie question: getting rid of all those messages

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Mon Oct 9 01:53:35 UTC 2006

Hi tin-foil-hat folks,
I just started to read the 'SELinux by example' thanks to my LUG and
nice publisher(Uwe Hermann mentioned it on his blog). I've installed
some of the tools and used some of the tips on the wiki. And now I have
the permissive policy and 'selinux=1' in my grub menu.lst.

So here is my questions: if I create a policy (or follow some tip in the
wiki) for everything, would all of those 'denied' message stop? And as a
way to chart the progress of the process, I would assume that every time
I see less 'denied' messages, some policy is working and thus not
producing those 'denied' messages.

And, is there any HOWTO to use the 'denied' message to create a policy
from them, if that is possible.

Also, I did try to turn on the policy in my grub menu.lst and of course
it couldn't get past init, but you knew that already x-).

Any way, keep up the good work and hoping SELinux can get into etch (or
maybe just the basic tools and policy).
cheers,
Kev
ps. I use exim so that is not going to get a working policy in the near
future, oh well.