[DSE-User] cant start xorg, selinux error: line 0 has invalid context

debain at lavabit.com debain at lavabit.com
Fri Oct 14 12:10:16 UTC 2011

Hello list!

I installed debian wheezy and tried to configure selinux. I followed the
directions posted in the Debian Wiki [1] and activated selinux through
`selinux-activate`. When i checked it with `check-selinux-installation`
everything seemed fine (selinux must be enabled through the
kernel-parameter and label the files). However, after the labeling, i get
the following error message, here is the relevant path from my Xorg.0.log.
[2] (with another description of the beforementioned process).

Basically, Xorg cant start, because of

[    22.767] (WW) file_contexts:  line 0 has invalid context
system_u:object_r:seclabel_xproperty_t:s0

I tried to find a file with this attribute and there is none. And i really
dont know if i should change the policy (still inexperienced with
selinux). The strange thing is, i can still login as root (xorg wont
start) and check my selinux configuration, everything seems fine.

I asked about this on a debian forum [2], but i guess i would get a better
reply here. Please check my post there, or ask me, if somthing is still
not clear. So thanks in advance, this is my first post ever, so sorry, if
i missed something

[1]<http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux/Setup>
[2]<http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71318&p=398382#p398088>