[DSE-User] Wrong type at user login

Éric Deschamps erdesc at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 09:54:27 UTC 2013

Hello again,

Using SElinux on a new installed Wheezy server, I get this strange
context for my user:
$ id -Z
staff_u:staff_r:insmod_t:s0

It's true that I changed the default selinux user for this user, but
even with the unconfined_u, the type is still insmod_t.

Here are the only changes I made:
# semanage -o -
boolean -D
login -D
login -a -s user_u -r 's0' __default__
login -a -s staff_u -r 's0' erdesc
user -D
port -D
port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 2222
interface -D
node -D
fcontext -D

Trying to do the same on a Wheezy VM, I get:
$ id -Z
staff_u:staff_r:staff_t:SystemLow

with:
# semanage -o -
boolean -D
login -D
login -a -s user_u -r 's0' __default__
login -a -s staff_u -r 's0' erdesc
user -D
port -D
interface -D
node -D
fcontext -D

Here is the sestatus output on both hosts:
# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
Loaded policy name:             default
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy MLS status:              enabled
Policy deny_unknown status:     denied
Max kernel policy version:      26

Well, there is a tiny difference between both hosts, the VM is an x86
host, while the server is an amd64.

Would you have any idea?

Regards,

Éric