[Shootout-list] Fasta in OCaml

William Douglas Neumann wdnx@unm.edu
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:34:02 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, William Douglas Neumann wrote:

>>> Shouldn't you guys really remove incorrect programs?  Especially if
>>> the test has been promoted to the front page?
>>
>> No we shouldn't remove incorrect programs - they should fail.
>> In this case, they didn't fail because the output is being checked
>> against an obsolete output file.

After re-reading my reply, it occurs to me that it would have been more
correct to ask that perhaps you rerun all of the tests and validate
against a sample output file that is, you know, not obselete.  I mean, is
it too much to ask that the information presented on the website be kept
consistent?

My point still stands that I'd prefer to base my implementation on a
version that ostensibly passed rather than failed...

William D. Neumann
<wdnx@unm.edu>

FWO to the Nth degree!!!
---
Dear Lord, please make me the kind of person
my dog thinks I am.