[Shootout-list] Improvements of haskell entries.

JP Bernardy jyp_7@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I discovered that some haskell programs were
"Unidiomatic and Poorly Written" and decided to do
something about it.

I ended up simplifying a dozen of them, and now I
wonder what's the best way to submit them.

Also, I discovered that the regular expression
matching benchmark for haskell does not really do the
work "n times" as required. The truth is that is is
difficult (unidiomatic, ugly, etc...) to persuade ghc
into doing so. Since this benchmark is "due for an
overhaul", maybe it would be better to parse a longer
file than to ask for repetitions.

Cheers,
JP.