[Shootout-list] Re: ring of processes

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:23:33 +0100

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> Any value less than 128 is going to be less-suitable for Erlang.

the about-this-test will have to be clearified so as to explain that
this value will always be the worst case value for all the languages.
ie, if language X needs 512 then all languages will have to run with
512, even those that can get by with 8.
it might also be neccessary to add that the value would have to be
correct (<10% difference) for the computer/operating system that is used
by the shootout. i forget to include the things i consider obvious. this
is why i ask for input.

> Bengt I'm pleased that you've raised interest in adding more
> concurrency tests, and I wish you'd implement your new test ideas in
> C++ and Perl.

once we have reached some kind of agreement (the worst case scenario is
that we all agree to disagree) i will start implementing the test in the
languages i know. unfortunatly c++ and perl are not part of those.

bengt