[Shootout-list] Many tests cheat

skaller skaller@users.sourceforge.net
03 Nov 2004 18:47:39 +1100

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:07, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > In particular, this uses 'raise' to raise an exception,
> > and 'except' to specify one (note the 'goto' is gone).
>
> And passes the "exceptions" as explicit function arguments.
> Not very exceptional is it.

If you mean it works differently than the way it works
in Java or Python etc than I'd agree. Felix requires
the handler be in scope.

So it is different. You're not familiar with the technique.
Does that mean it isn't exception handling?

Perhaps it is so, but I don't see any definition
which clearly excludes my test code.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia