[Shootout-list] Re: New website look

Peter Hinely phinely@hawaii.edu
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:02:41 -1000 (HST)

Hi,

>Providing specific examples of like/don't-like with some reasons would
>give the basis for a discussion.

Okay, I will speak my mind. *diplomacy off*  :-)

The front page is one of the blandest home pages I've seen in a long time.
Actually it reminds me of one of those domain-name-squatter sites.  How
about some minimal graphics and design work to spice it up?  I don't like
the fonts being used and the general aesthetics.

Also what happened to the links to the mailing list, news, etc.?

The
  ackermann benchmark | C++ g++ rankings | Side-by-side
navigation doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't like the 1 1/2 inches of blank space on the left margin of the pages.

The graphs should have gridlines and scales.  I don't like the gray
background of the graphs, nor the choice of plotting colors.

I'm using Mozilla on Windows.

Regards,
Peter