[Shootout-list] Re: New website look

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:09:55 -0800 (PST)

> > How about some minimal thought on what kind of graphic might have
> > some relevance? (Are you offering the services of a graphic
artist?)

> I'm not an artist and don't pretend to be.  But the old home page was
> much more pleasing to my eye.

Then forgive me for thinking that complaint is cheap.

> >> Also what happened to the links to the mailing list, news, etc.?
> >Seek and you shall find!
> What does that mean?

Have you tried to answer your own question by looking in Frequently
Asked Questions?

> You have more links that are more general *after* the more specific
> header "ackermann Clean program".

That's true enough - and the links have been tried *before* the more
specific header, and we may go back *before* that header.

> Also Side-by-side is not very descriptive.
> Side-bye-side what?

'Side-by-side comparison' has been tried, and we may go back to that.

> I have a 21" display, which is not large by today's standards.
Lucky you!

> I don't think we should expect the viewer to adjust the size of the
> browser Window to make the web site look decent.

I don't think we should expect the viewer to buy a new monitor to make
the web site look decent.