[Shootout-list] Sorting on the side-by-side page

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:30:45 -0800 (PST)

> In the side-by-side, the sorting is slowest-to-fastest, whereas in
> the benchmark page, the sorting is fastest-to-slowest.
>
> I like the fastest-to-slowest sorting in the benchmark page, because
> there are lots of slow languages that I'm not interested in.  I think
> the side-by-side page should be sorted the same as the benchmark
> page.

(You might also add that having one page show fast-slow and the other
show slow-fast could cause confusion.)

Presumably we're talking about the tables (which show a maximum of 4
programs) alongside the graphs?

The side-by-side tables provide data point detail for the adjacent
graphs - so the side-by-side table rows are in the same order as the
corresponding lines in the adjacent graph.