[Shootout-list] Keeping slower benchmarks

James McIlree ovrskeek@mac.com
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:08:35 -0700

On Apr 17, 2005, at 4:31 PM, Isaac Gouy wrote:

>> The threads-flow benchmark has multiple java implementations.
>> I believe older, slower implementations should be removed, Isaac
>> appears to disagree.
>  -snip-
>>> This isn't a bug - it's a statement of opinion - something that
>>> is better sent to the mailing list where you can try to justify
>>> why anyone should care.
> -snip-
>> I present the following arguments
> -snip-
>
> What "problem" do you think is caused by these multiple java
> implementations?

	The "problem" is that you are clearly taking a position contrary
to the sites documented "rules".

	If you would like to update the FAQs to say something like:

	"The Great Computer Language Shootout Benchmark will always retain
and display all submitted versions of benchmarks"

	Then I will have no further complaint with this issue.

	I don't believe such a position is in the best interests of the
long term health of the GCLSB, though.

	James M