[Shootout-list] Implicitode test

Simon Geard simon@whiteowl.co.uk
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:01:48 +0100

Isaac Gouy wrote:

>>I like f90 and I like Numerical Analysis and
>>thought that this test should be a good vehicle for f90.
>>

>Would implementing the test in Tcl be more difficult?

Yes. Partly because it's not obvious how to do it. In fortran the way I
implemented it is I think pretty much the only way it can be done, but
the power of tcl coupled with its lack of types and more than one oo
system mean that implementing the AD part of the test is non-trivial. Of
course the passing of functions to functions for evaluation is trivially
easy in tcl and impossible in fortran - vive la difference.

Simon