[Shootout-list] Is anyone out there?

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Yes!  :-)

Welcome back, Jon.

At some point we need to figure out how to add one
of your traveling salesmen/n-th closest neighbor tests
to the shootout.

I took a look a week or two back, and ran into an
immediate problem with the Lex/Yacc requirement.  I
know we discussed this earlier, and I understand your
reasons for using this technique (and even agree with
it).

However, I have to balance it against my innate
laziness and lack of desire to try to monkey with the
minibench implementation.

I suppose we could set it up so that it expects to
find three files for each solution:

1.  The main implementation
2.  A Lexer
3.  A yacc/bison rule set.

These files would then be built by the respective
programs for that language implementation.

-Brent