[Shootout-list] Stuff

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:10:10 +0200

Jon Harrop wrote:

> Well, my programs are genuinely useful (solving common problems) so they
> weren't _designed_ to be "difficult to implement in other languages". I did
> select them because they show off the strong points of languages like OCaml
> though, of course. But I'm advocating that they be included in the shootout
> because the shootout currently lacks these kinds of problems.

sounds perfectly sensible to me. perhaps what is missing is a way to
change your programs ''to make sure a wide range of languages would
complete the test''.
i have in the past called such an change to benchmark programs ''dumbing
down'', and while it is a very biased name for this activity i still
have not found a better one.
suggestions are wellcome.

bengtr