[Shootout-list] Threads and Threads-Flow Proposal

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:16:12 +0200

Isaac Gouy wrote:
...deleted
> No, that happens quite quickly, like this - read the FAQ.

i did not find information about this in the faq. the faq is much better
then it used to be, but i did not find that it addressed this particular
problem.

> As in any other endeavour, if you really want to make a difference then
> do all the work! Make an excellent case why change is needed *and*
> provide a complete implementation.

there is always the chance that even a complete implementation still
would not be accepted. therefore it seems wise to get an acceptence of
the idea, before making a complete implementation.
not to mention the very good argument that the idea might become better
if it is discussed before implementation.

what are the benefits of arguing and implementing in a vacuum? (to the
person arguing and implemention that is. i can see that there are
benefits for those that do not want to discuss, explain nor accept a change)

...deleted
> Bengt, it doesn't seem that you're trying to achieve anything in
> particular, so all I can really suggest is that there are 10 benchmarks
> without Erlang implementations.

i am trying to achieve a better shootout by making it slightly less very
narrow of focus. if all i wanted to do was erlang (and scheme) programs
i already have a bench system that does the things i want.

bengt