[Shootout-list] Stuff (wide range of languages, external libraries)

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

> My intention was just to state that I think having a wide variety of
> tests is a good thing. If some of them can't be implemented in a some
> languages, I don't see a problem in it. If that feature is important
> to you (Unicode, OOP, etc), then you'll pay attention to those tests.
> If not, you won't.

object and object-methods are now perhaps the most widely ridiculed
tests (except was the previous winner on that score).

I almost agree with Pascal Obry that "the speed of a method
dynamic-binding is quite interesting" - almost.

The 'interesting' thing is the speed of dynamic-binding relative to
static-binding in the language you're using.