[Shootout-list] Spellcheck Ada or benchmark script error ?

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:48:55 -0700

On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:22 PM, Bengt Kleberg wrote:

> David Sauvage wrote:
> ...deleted
>> i would be happy to help solve this problem but i did not find stuff
>> talking about the shootout benchmark script.
>
> this is a undocumented are of the shootout. the work is done by a
> single perl script. with my meager knowledge of perl i have been
> unable to split it into (for me) managable chunks. unless we can agree
> to replace it with something else, or find somebody with the perl
> expertise to handle it as is, we are stuck with it as it is.

I have been using perl for years for small jobs, and I don't find it
easy working with, either.

On the other hand, it largely does what's needed without too much
problem.

I'm open to changing the implementation, but it won't be any time soon
(unfortunately) :-(

-Brent