Fwd: Re: [Shootout-list] Science-related benchmarks (speed optimisation)

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:51:47 +0200

skaller wrote:
...deleted
> I'm arguing that EITHER you have one language and pick
> the best tool/test implementation of all those submitted/available,
> OR you choose to run each tool in a fixed configuration on all
> the tests.

my bench system does the latter. it is much simpler to maintain. this
should bode well for this solution since one of the great problems with
the shootout is the lack of resources.
anybody against simplicity?

> I might prefer one or the other, or even an option on the
> Web site to choose .. what I'm really arguing for
> is consistency.

in that case i support your suggestion even more.

bengt