[Shootout-list] benchmark design, hard limit for how many 'n'?

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:13:46 -0700 (PDT)

> could someone tell me if there is a hard limit for
> how many 'n', and if so, what it is?

There is no limit (save memory limitations, I
suppose).
The minibench script takes an input argument, which
is a comma-delimited list of input values to run for
each benchmark.

This could be effectively any number, but I have
tried to keep it just a handful because it can add
significantly to the time required to run the
benchmark.

I apologize if anything I said led you to believe that
we can only use 3 input values.

I also recently removed the limitation that it
could only compare against one specific output file.
It can now compare against a different output file
for each value of N.

Thanks,

-Brent